Address: 332-334 NE Third Street
Construction Date: 1886
Current Business: Judy’s Jewels and McMinnville Antique Mall
Historic Name/Use: Knights of Pythias
Significance: Primary Significant
Style of Architecture: Italianate
Chain of Title
1886 – Constructed
1890-1911- Dresser and Hendrick grocers
1950s- Ramsey’s 5 & Dime
1980s – Nancy’s on Main Street
This rectangular two-story stuccoed brick structure is Italianate in style. The decorative cut brick frieze is still intact. A short parapet wall rising from the cornice line conceals the roof. Stucco covers the façade but the brick is still exposed on the west elevation. Dresser and Hendrick grocers and a secondhand dealer occupied the building before 1912. Rogers’ Bros. Pharmacy occupied this building before merging with Thrifty Drug and moving locations.
Primary Significant Contributing: Structures are classified as Primary Significant if they were built in or before 1912, or reflect the building styles, traditions, or patterns of structures typically constructed before this date. These buildings represent the primary period of construction and development in downtown McMinnville from initial settlement in 1881 to 1912 when city improvements and use of the Oregon Electric and Southern Pacific Railroad service promoted new construction in the downtown area.